Establishment of the company
Founded by Dr Guido Di Napoli in 1980, TRB Chemedica followed a gradual business evolution and expansion through the development of a worldwide network of subsidiaries and distributors.
Expansion in Asia
Since the beginning of the 80s, we have started to build our network in Asia, with a constant business growth across the whole area : Hong Kong (1981), Singapore (1987), Malaysia (1988), Thailand (1992) and most recently Vietnam and Myanmar.
Deployment in South America
Our history in South America began in 1989 in Brazil and rapidly expanded to Argentina in 1992. Today, these countries host two of our production plants manufacturing a broad range of therapeutic products for orthopaedics, rheumatology, pain management, infectious diseases and neurology*. Both sites comply with the GMP international standards. We are now present in more than 9 countries in this region.
First commercial office in Europe
TRB Chemedica AG was established in Germany in 1996 as our “Centre of Competence”. In accordance with ISO 13485, TRB Chemedica AG is responsible for obtaining production and marketing authorisations of our medical devices; and for the management of the Quality Control and Safety Centre for products from our manufacturing plants.
Pioneer in therapeutic interventions based on hyaluronic acid
We were among the first in the development of medical products based on hyaluronic acid with biofermentative origin for intra-articular application and for the treatment of dry eye. With more than 20 years of experience, all of our products meet the highest international standards and ensure patient satisfaction and safety.
Strengthening of the TRB network in the UK and France
TRB Chemedica UK and TRB France were founded in 2002 nd are responsible for the effective distribution of our product portfolio in their respective countries. In addition, TRB Chemedica UK holds ISO 9001 certification, an award that demonstrates our commitment to our customers and our focus on quality.
Launch of OSTENIL® in 1998
TRB Chemedica has set new standards for the treatment of osteoarthritis (OA) with OSTENIL®, our hyaluronic acid formulation for intra-articular use. Celebrating more than 20 years of optimal efficacy and safety,
OSTENIL® has proven to be highly effective in providing
symptomatic relief for patients with symptomatic OA.1-5 The OSTENIL® products were the first fermentative-source hyaluronic acid formulations to be approved for intra-articular injection into all synovial joints.
London 2012 Olympics
We were honoured to have three of our products listed on the official formulary for the London 2012 Olympic Games. OSTENIL® , OSTENIL® Plus and OSTENIL® MINI were the only intra-articular hyaluronic acid injections included in the “Pharmacy Guide for the London 2012 Olympic Games”.6
- Dreiser RL, Avouac B, Bardin T. Efficacy of sodium hyaluronate versus hylan G-F 20 in the treatment of tibiofemoral osteoarthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2012:71(Suppl 3): 584-585.
- Fraiman S, Aparicio R. [Evaluation of two intra-articular hyaluronic acid preparations in the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee]. Rev Argent Gerontol Geriatr. 2002;22:15-20.
- Funk L. Ostenil hyaluronan for inoperable arthritis of the shoulder. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2004;12(Suppl B):S140.
- Jüni P, Reichenbach S, Trelle S, Tschannen B, Wandel S, Jordi B, et al. Efficacy and safety of intraarticular hylan or hyaluronic acids for osteoarthritis of the knee: A randomized controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum. 2007;56(11):3610-9
- Tsvetkova ES, Denisov L, Shmidt EI, Ryabitseva O, Anikin S. Efficacy and safety of sodium hyaluronate in hip osteoarthritis. A randomised double-blind, lidocaine-controlled, multicentre study with a 12-month follow-up. Ann Rheum Dis. 2010;69(Suppl 3):281.
- The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (2012). London 2012 Olympic Games Pharmacy Guide. London, United-Kingdom: London 2012