Reduction of pain in osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis is considered to be the most common joint disease, especially among middle-aged and elderly people, and is therefore one of the ten most disabling diseases in industrialised countries.1
Current osteoarthritis treatment strategies focus on pain relief, improving function and maintaining quality of life. TRB researches, develops, manufactures and markets various molecules for the treatment of pain caused by osteoarthritis, such as products based on hyaluronic acid and diacerein. The OSTENIL® Line range consists of hyaluronic acid-containing products with various formulations and was developed to improve the symptoms and joint function of osteoarthritis patients after intra-articular injection.2-7 Due to its unique viscoelastic properties, hyaluronic acid has been used as a viscous supplement for treating osteoarthritis of the joints by means of intra-articular injection for many years. Diacerein is an active ingredient used to treat osteoarthritis symptoms that is derived from aloe vera. Clinically, it has been shown that diacerein effectively relieves pain and improves joint function in patients with knee or hip osteoarthritis.
Relief from painful tendinopathy
Tendinopathies are common tendon disorders that are mainly caused by overuse or inappropriate strain on the tendons.10
OSTENIL® TENDON was developed for the treatment of pain and restricted mobility in tendon disorders. Based on the biomechanical properties of hyaluronic acid, it has proven to be effective and safe in the treatment of rotator cuff/ supraspinatus endopathy11,12, achilles endopathy13,14, tennis elbow13 and peroneal tendinopathy13. Patients will benefit from rapid pain relief and a quick return to normal everyday and sports activities.11-14
Accelerating recovery after arthroscopy
VISCOSEAL® SYRINGE solution for joint recovery after arthroscopy, has been specifically developed to replace the synovial fluid post-arthroscopy and therefore to prevent post-operative complications.15
- Woolf AD, Pfleger B. Burden of major musculoskeletal conditions. Bull World Health Organ. 2003;81(9):646-56.
- Pons M, Alvarez F, Solana J, Viladot R, Varela L. Sodium hyaluronate in the treatment of hallux rigidus. A single-blind, randomized study. Foot Ankle Int 2007;28(1):38-42.
- Oliveras-Moreno JM Hernandez-Pacheco E, Oliveras-Quintana T, Infante-Cossio P, Gutierrez-Perez JL. Efficacy and safety of sodium hyaluronate in the treatment of Wilkes stage II disease. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2008;66:2243-46.
- Dreiser RL, Avouac B, Bardin T. Efficacy of sodium hyaluronate versus hylan G-F 20 in the treatment of tibiofemoral osteoarthritis. Ann Rheum Dis 2012;71(Suppl 3):584.
- Tsvetkova E, Denisov L, Shmidt EI, Ryabitseva O, Anikin S. Efficacy and safety of sodium hyaluronate in hip osteoarthritis. A randomised double-blind, lidocaine-controlled, multicentre study with a 12-month follow-up. Ann Rheum Dis 2010;69(Suppl3):281.
- Borras-Verdera A, Calcedo-Bernal V, Ojeda-Levenfeld J, Clavel-Sainz C. Efficacy and safety of a single intra-articular injection of 2% hyaluronic acid plus mannitol in knee osteoarthritis over a 6-month period. Rev Esp Cir Ortop Traumatol 2012;56(4):274-80.
- Dreiser RL, Avouac B, Bardin T. A 6 Month Trial Evaluating Efficacy of One Intra Articular Injection of 2% Sodium Hyaluronate Versus Hylan G F 20 in the Treatment of Painful Tibiofemoral Osteoarthritis. Ann Rheum Dis 2015;74(Suppl 2):376.
- Lipman K, Wang C, Ting K, Soo C, Zheng Z. Tendinopathy: injury, repair, and current exploration. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2018;12:591-603.
- Nestorova R et al. Hyaluronic acid “Ostenil Tendon” in partial thickness tears of the supraspinatus tendon: clinical and sonographic assessment. Osteopros Int. 2014;25(Suppl 2). Abstract No: P289.
- Nestorova R, Rashkov R, Petranova T, Kolarov ZI, Sheytanov I, et al. Effectiveness of hyaluronic acid “Ostenil Tendon” in partial thickness rotator cuff tears of the shoulder. Osteopros Int. 2016;27(Suppl 1). Abstract No: P299.
- Lynen N. Treatment of chronic tendinopathies with peritendinous hyaluronan injections under sonographic guidance – an interventional, prospective, single-arm multicenter study. Orthopädische und Unfallchirurgische Praxis. 2012;1(10):1-11. German
- Lynen N, De Vroey T, Spiegel I, Van Ongeval F, Hendrickx NJ, et al. Comparison of Peritendinous Hyaluronan Injections Versus Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy in the Treatment of Painful Achilles’ Tendinopathy: A Randomized Clinical Efficacy and Safety Study. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2017;98(1):64-71.
- Mathies B. Effects of Viscoseal, a synovial fluid substitute, on recovery after arthroscopic partial meniscectomy and joint lavage. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2006;14(1):32-9.
- Villamor A, Lloveras J, Camacho L, Ojeda A, Alonso A, Cami J, et al. Viscoseal aids recovery after arthroscopy – A single blind, randomised, multicentre study. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2004;12(Suppl B):S82. Abstract No: P200.
- Anand S, Singisetti K, Srikanth KN, Bamforth C, Asumu T, Buch K. Effect of sodium hyaluronate on recovery after arthroscopic knee surgery. J Knee Surg. 2016;29(6):502-9.
- Thein R, Haviv B, Kidron A, Bronak S. Intra-articular injection of hyaluronic acid following arthroscopic partial meniscectomy of the knee. Orthopedics. 2010;33(10):724.
- Chau JY, Chan WL, Woo SB, Cheng SC, Wong TM, Wong TK, et al. Hyaluronic acid instillation following arthroscopic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a double-blinded, randomised controlled study. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2012;20(2):162-5.
- Marcheggiani Muccioli GM, Wykes P, Hundle B, Grassi A, Roatti G, Funk L. Effects of a synovial fluid substitute on early recovery after arthroscopic subacromial decompression of the shoulder. Musculoskelet Surg. 2015;99(2):121-6.
- Funk L, Wykes PR. Synovial fluid replacement in arthroscopic shoulder surgery – A randomised, prospective, controlled trial. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2004;12(Suppl B):S126-7. Abstract No: P309.
- Hempfling H. Intra-articular hyaluronic acid after knee arthroscopy: a two-year study. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2007;15(5):537-46.