a well-known "civilisation disease"
Our eye drops with lubricant based on hyaluronic acid, introduced more than 20 years ago, meet a high level of compliance and patient satisfaction.
Dry eye affects between 5% and 34% of people worldwide and is a significant economic burden due to direct and indirect costs, such as reduced labour productivity.1,2,3
We have developed the VISMED® Line of eye drops with lubricants, consisting of hypoosmolar sodium hyaluronate solutions, which are used to treat symptoms and signs of dry eye, damage to the surface of the eye and eye irritation due to various diseases such as superficial keratitis, Sjogren’s syndrome or primary dry eye. Eye syndrome are indicated.4-6
The VISMED® Line product range was formulated to break the vicious circle of dry eyes by counteracting hyperosmolarity of the tear fluid and stabilising the tear film.7 With a choice of hyaluronic acid concentrations varying from 0.1% to 0.3%, we offer a customisable concentration range to meet the specific needs of the patient.
- Messmer EM. The pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of dry eye disease. Dtsch Arztebl Int. 2015;112(5):71-81.
- Stapleton F, Alves M, Bunya VY, Jalbert I, Lekhanont K, Malet F, et al. TFOS DEWS II epidemiology report. Ocul Surf. 2017;15:334-65.
- Moss SE, Klein R, Klein BE. Prevalence of and risk factors for dry eye syndrome. Arch Ophthalmol. 2000;118(9):1264-8.
- Vismed European instructions for use, last revision date: April 2012
- Vismed Gel European instructions for use, last revision date: September 2015
- Vismed Light European instructions for use, last revision date: September 2016
- Montes-Mico R, Caliz A, Alio JL. Changes in ocular aberrations after instillation of artificial tears in dry-eye patients. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2004;30:1649-52.